We are Wales’ national supercomputing service provider. Host to the UK’s largest distributed general purpose supercomputing network, a 17,000 core, 320 Tflop capacity, we provide a scalable, easily accessible network for businesses and researchers to access world-class technology.
Our high performance computing services have helped power business innovation and success, assisted high impact academic research, and provided high level skills development.
Our core aims are to:
- Speed up innovation for commercial success
- Maximise research impact
- Develop world-class, high-level skills in Wales
- Stimulate ICT industry growth
- Facilitate university-business collaboration
- Create new businesses and jobs
- Increase inward investment in Wales
- Build awareness of high performance computing and its benefits
HPC Wales consists of:
- A world-class HPC capacity - a pan-Wales distributed network of computer clusters, with expert advice and support to make these resources more accessible to a wider user base.
- HPC Institute – by facilitating strategic partnerships between the academic and private sectors, HPC Wales helps accelerate research and development projects.
- HPC Skills Academy– HPC Wales delivers technical courses and workshops to enhance HPC skills and capability across Wales.
A second phase of High Performance Computing Wales is currently under development, with a focus on Research and Innovation.Further details of the ‘HPC Wales 2’ ERDF proposal under development is available within the European Structural Funds 2014-2020 section on the Welsh Government website.
If you would like to know more or discuss a project idea, get in touch.